Linguaphone booklet 1925

For all reproductions of original Machine Catalogues

Linguaphone booklet 1925

Postby Gmemg » 03 Apr 2017, 13:29

This weekend i sorted out a lot of very tatty sleeves and rubbish paperwork from the records which came from the Barn last year - ,most of it was mildewed and tatty and since the weather has been nice i piled it all up for a bonfire - alas that night it really rained and it all got rather soggy and had to be dried out before the fire it was during the sorting that a booklet fell out of a sleeve - alas it had got a bit wet !

After drying it i photo'd some of the less boring pages - including photos of contemporary interiors and the prices for the machines & courses - contrary to popular myth the customer BOUGHT their machines - oddly "the Squire" has owned a number of Linguaphones and ALL have the legend :

"Assembled by Mr Loveday" and the date

so was ONE man responsible for assembling all of the linguaphone machines ?

Here's the front page of the booklet

Teaching children languages - that Columbia is C 1914 so would have only been about 10 years old !

Costs :

"The Solophone"

Repeating Attachment

Machines

A testimonial from H G Wells

What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Return to Machine Catalogues & Adverts