a new channel for 78s I don't own, please read

A Place to share any u - Tube recordings

a new channel for 78s I don't own, please read

Postby rgodridge » 18 Jul 2015, 11:24

Well, I've finally decided to set up a youtube channel for 78s I've found on the internet or had recorded for me, even some from old cdrs etc. These are records I don't own and this channel will be massive sinse it doesn't take any work to put these up.
What do you think of this idea? I'm not taking credit for the records etc and if anybody who owns them comes forward and asks me to take them down I will.Starting off with some berliners, here's the link
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi6gYW ... PHx7rUr_ZA
rgodridge

Re: a new channel for 78s I don't own, please read

Postby Gmemg » 18 Jul 2015, 21:45

I think this is a great idea, it collects together a lot of very interesting stuff from diverse sources and as you say it can just be put on and left to run

Excellent idea - Well done
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Postby rgodridge » 19 Jul 2015, 07:05

I'll just point out that those berliners and other early records I had recorded for me years ago will be on there, most of them already are now and I think you'd really enjoy hearing them.
I didn't want to mix them in with my own records because in a way I think it's important for collectors and folks to know what other collectors have, so that if they should need it they can ask. I've already sent massive lists off to the british sound archive when they were finding out what other collectors have and told them a lot of my records go on my channel, etc, and from what I gathered quite a lot of other collectors have done the same. hopefully nobody will have anything to moan about with the new channel though.
rgodridge

Postby Gmemg » 19 Jul 2015, 11:14

Some people will always moan or grumble (no, that's not an excuse for the Grumbler song) but i think it's a good idea , Berliners are rare but not on U - Tube luckily
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Return to U - Tube