amazing collection on the-saleroom next sas?

For discussion of anything related to the Subject

amazing collection on the-saleroom next sas?

Postby rgodridge » 18 May 2017, 22:10

Wow, is this the next sas?
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auct ... on=RECORDS

Note this item mentions PG Hurst who was a noted collector,
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auct ... 7100997391
rgodridge

Re: amazing collection on the-saleroom next sas?

Postby Gmemg » 19 May 2017, 07:27

Well, who would have thought it - SAS going down the Loo with pathetic sales in recent times and no sale at all recently then a sale like this , one Collector telephoned me late last night to say :

"Proudie's Moved to another Auction and taken the Gramophone business with him"

Alas one look at the descriptions would have told him that Proudie wasn't involved at all ! - the lot Rob highlights has an EMG SOUNDBOX in it BUT the photo doesn't show it ! they also appear to have several EMGs and at least one seems to be being sold as the case in one lot - the horn in another which does seem a little bizarre

The lots of records seem OK but nothing terrible exiting - the Lots of Berliners are an exception as SAS haven't as many as that for a long time - very interesting BUT where did it come from and why isn't it in an SAS Sale ?

All very interesting and i shall MOST CERTAINLY

Make the Ring /Chunnsori PAY !

Especially as I know Those Auctioneers well and have bought well at their former sales at the Bingham Hall - so won;t be Illegally Banned as at SAS (Who changed their conditions of sale to ban people AFTER Banning me )
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Postby rgodridge » 19 May 2017, 07:31

I will be bidding on several lots, the boninsegna g and ts, some of those collections of albums and some of the british vocal stuff, but more interesting is the P G Hurst connection...
Could this be his collection?
He was definitely pals with John Freestone, who's collection I went through and it's that sort of collection isn't it?

You said you've bought there, they don't accept couriers so how did you do it and how might I?
I'll be ringing them today to ask about the large collections they have, just how large they are etc!
rgodridge

Postby Gmemg » 19 May 2017, 07:39

I went in person - not recently but that's what i did then - i would think you would be very lucky to buy anything in this sale - all the usual suspects will be bidding but it may be worth a try
What others say of me :

Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

Gmemg

Postby rgodridge » 19 May 2017, 07:41

Well you never know rite?
Incidentally, if you have any of that sort of operatic material for sale yourself, similar sort of stuff I've bought from you before do let me know!
rgodridge

Postby Gmemg » 21 May 2017, 08:23

I should have quite a bit but G & T's of Boninsegna are not that common although the Columbia recordings are usually much cheaper !
What others say of me :

Gmemg

Postby rgodridge » 21 May 2017, 09:39

I have a couple of the columbias, would love more! she sounds a lot lighter on her g&ts, though
rgodridge

Postby Gmemg » 25 May 2017, 22:20

I notice that these Auctioneers have well and truly "Upped" the estimates fo the EMGs ! i suspect there's been a LOT of interest and not a few bids already - MAKE THE RING PAY

is my motto and i most certainly shall !

What's this i spy ? a WOEFUL Proudie sale two day salter - will anyone have any money for that second rare Tat ?

what larks eh ?
What others say of me :

Gmemg

Return to General Forum