Honest ebay description

For discussion of anything related to the Subject

Honest ebay description

Postby Gmemg » 17 Jul 2017, 09:49

It's rare to find someone prepared to honestly describe what they have to sell - or are trying to sell for others, i have more than once been told of

"thousands of 78's"

in a collection only to find when i get there 8 ! or people with unrealistic expectations for their "collection" (usually about 4) tatty gramophones over - restored by a previous owner so it's refreshing to find such an honest description on ebay - it could so easily apply to a lot of items in the Gramophone section of Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RUBBISH-Antiq ... 1438.l2649

here's the actual description for Rob's Benefit

Oh my word! This was such a mistake to buy as a lovely gift for someone! Utter tat!! I kid you not!
Even the box it came in was horribly inferior. I tried to get the huge Chinese warehouse label off and it left manky stickiness all over the front!
However I did love the writing on it which said..."To become better and better the best gift for best friend!"
That was probably the biggest thing that went against the trade description act out of the entire thing but it did make me grin.
SO...why am I selling it and not lobbing it in the bin...or giving it to a "best" friend I want to get rid of? It's because it is actually quite fun as a toy for a little girl. It is not as great as the box shows it to be that's for sure but it is still playable with or as a little ornament in a child's room that you wouldn't fuss too much about them playing with. The music box part of it works when you wind it up and then the drawer is opened.

So nice little passable toy for a child
Atrocious gift for a friend
Awesome gift for a friend who loves quality... but you wish to see them squirm and pretend they like it.
Excellent gift to "become better and better the best gift for best friend!"...if your friend is in a foul mood looking for something to smash with a hammer.

YAY!! It's opportunity time!!
BID NOW ON THIS UNUSUALLY VERSATILE PIECE OF CR....RUBBISH!!
(Starting at a bargain price...although it is worth hundreds of times less!)
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Re: Honest ebay description

Postby donjohnson24 » 17 Jul 2017, 14:04

The buyer certainly got stitched up with that potential gift!
donjohnson24

Postby Gmemg » 18 Jul 2017, 19:33

to quote Basil Brush :

"boom Boom"
What others say of me :

Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

Gmemg

Postby rgodridge » 18 Jul 2017, 22:29

crrrrrrubish!
That's hilarious, what a load of junk they got saddled with
rgodridge

Postby Gmemg » 19 Jul 2017, 08:33

I think a lot of items in the Gramophone section could benefit from a little of this honesty as they're Crrrrrubbish as well
What others say of me :

Gmemg

Return to General Forum