Wanted: We'll Meet Again, Vera Lynn

For anything that anyone wants to sell - Please contact the Advertiser Via the PM System

Wanted: We'll Meet Again, Vera Lynn

Postby HMV130 » 11 May 2014, 22:41

Hello to everyone! Lately I am looking for a very good/mint condition copy of We'll Meet Again by Vera Lynn but the version with the Chorus of Sailors, Soldiers and Airmens of Her Majesty's Forces (DECCA - F.10081). If someone is willing to sell it please contact me via pm.
HMV130

Re: Wanted: We'll Meet Again, Vera Lynn

Postby rgodridge » 12 May 2014, 06:23

is this the one from 1954 with i'm praying to saint... don't remember which one on the other side?

I used to have this record and might still have it, though it is not in that great a condition, and I'm not sure if it's the correct record. I did see it a while ago on ebay going for much more money than i thought it would.
rgodridge

Postby HMV130 » 12 May 2014, 15:33

rgodridge wrote:is this the one from 1954 with i'm praying to saint... don't remember which one on the other side?

I used to have this record and might still have it, though it is not in that great a condition, and I'm not sure if it's the correct record. I did see it a while ago on ebay going for much more money than i thought it would.

Yes, it should be the one. I thought it was older ... However, if you are interested pm.
HMV130

Postby Gmemg » 12 May 2014, 16:49

I've ha d a quick rummage through my sorted records and haven't found one - i still have to look through the unsorted ones but maybe it's one of those records that are Very Famous but rather difficult to find
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Postby HMV130 » 12 May 2014, 17:14

Gmemg wrote:I've ha d a quick rummage through my sorted records and haven't found one - i still have to look through the unsorted ones but maybe it's one of those records that are Very Famous but rather difficult to find

Yes, this is a quite original record than the common one because indeed there is the involvement of the army.
HMV130

Postby HMV130 » 12 May 2014, 17:33

Oh, I also interested to the record May I Always Dance the Anniversary Waltz with You always performed by Dame Vera Lynn..
HMV130

Return to For Sale/Wanted