Original Zonophone Record Poster C 1910

For all interesting items that should be saved

Original Zonophone Record Poster C 1910

Postby Gmemg » 12 Apr 2014, 20:26

This poster came from Ebay some years ago it was sold by a Vendor who, i think, was called "red Ruby" he had found many, many early Phonograph & Gramophone adverts in the roof of a shop - all dated to C 1908 - 1910 - i bought a Glass sign for Pathe records and this poster - with a couple of other ones all imperfect and from them i was able to make two more or less complete

the Posters are printed on Glazed paper and had been rolled up for nearly 100 years and thus had folded and cracked - some parts including the top edges where brass rails originally held strings were missing in order to stop further deterioration i had to glue this one to a piece of Plywood - the top edge (i have folded a loose edge back) is actually a colour photocopy i put there to complete in image

I presume others must exist with other records but have never seen any

What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Return to The Archive