Xmas Cards - Sung by Jack Juster Unison record

For all the Sentimental, dismal, saccharin rubbish put out by the Unscrupulous and Greedy Record companies ! Bah Humbug

Xmas Cards - Sung by Jack Juster Unison record

Postby Gmemg » 19 Dec 2015, 16:33

The record companies then and now were cynical old Twits who thought nothign of making truly abysmal Xmas novelty records to flog to sentimental old twits at Xmas time !

here's one such a Unison record Of "jack Juster" Very sensibly a quite good singer hiding behind the psued to avoid assassination by Music Lovers singing

Xmas Cards - the story of a trusting old Fart who left his door open only to get NO Xmas cards from the Postie who came in just to get a Prezzo ! (a Little Present -i'm pleased to say) then his Son appears (in VERY Victorian fashion)

https://youtu.be/Yix_90wImwQ

then Xmas Bells - some Rural Twits reminiscing about bell ringing - it could well be a "lost" Xmas episode of "The Archers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79lA1sUFoxg
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Re: Xmas Cards - Sung by Jack Juster Unison record

Postby rgodridge » 19 Dec 2015, 18:09

that is absolutely pricelessly bad!
what a hilarious record, this is indeed the one I had a broken copy of and yours probably has a chip out ofthe edge for the same reason! havn't heard bells yet but will soon if it's as awful as the last one. no cards! no presents! maybe he sang to everybody who promptly knocked him off their list
rgodridge

Postby Gmemg » 19 Dec 2015, 18:46

Makes me wonder if there's a 12" version somewhere - with some cheeky orphan Carol singers and the local Vicar coming in for a Gift for the Poor & needy it's typical isn't it that this was a really good recording, excellent effect but totally abysmal script & concept !
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Postby rgodridge » 19 Dec 2015, 23:25

oh man,now if there ever was a 12 version of that I'd definitely want it for the hilarity.
I really do wonder who bought these records, surely they must have heard it beforethey bought it, why would you ever buy it? my broken copy was not only broken but quite warn as well
rgodridge

Postby gerryb » 20 Dec 2015, 11:19

i wish i had that record it's the real spirit of christmas not about buying presents and gifts and spending money but a simple time before all that i can't understand why anyone would laugh at it
gerryb

Postby rgodridge » 20 Dec 2015, 12:22

Personally I laugh at it because it is so tipical as to be a sort of parody of itself. You're rite, that is the true spirit of Christmas, it is the old victorian style christmas which is the original idea, but it's basicly everything that would happen in one of the cheap victorian novels happens on this record!
if you like very vivid descriptions of Christmas and enjoy real victoriana,a book I recently enjoyed was Margret Howth, A Story of To-day, by
Rebecca Harding Davis.
rgodridge

Return to Xmas & Seasonal Records