Does anyone know about Netflix ?

For discussions of any Books/ Film & TV programmes related to the subject or not

Does anyone know about Netflix ?

Postby Gmemg » 28 Apr 2017, 20:07

I'm sort of interested in Joining Netflix - is anyone here a ,member ? i really want to watch series 5 of House of Cards - amazingly it's better than the UK version ! (Most US TV is nowadays ) and i would like to see it - i often watch things through Amazon Video and would hope it will be released on there as well but i don;t know hence my question
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Re: Does anyone know about Netflix ?

Postby TheAustralianComrade » 03 May 2017, 13:42

Hello,
I am a member, and I may have the answer to your question, season 5 of house of cards on Netflix won't be released until May the 30th. In regards to netflix, it is quite a good medium to watch such televisual programs and movies alike. Although we in the colony have a much more restricted selection than that of the United Kingdom and America it still has a great selection. I am currently enjoying "the last kingdom" and "Marco polo" which are both great series, especially seeming I take great interest in history. In conclusion I would highly recommend it, but alas I must be off to light the fire as it is quite cold!
TheAustralianComrade

Postby Gmemg » 03 May 2017, 21:55

Very interesting - I really wanted to know if you have a fixed contract, what it costs and what you get for the money
What others say of me :

Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

Gmemg

Postby TheAustralianComrade » 04 May 2017, 14:54

As for a contract, no there isn't one it is a month-to-month subscription fee depending on what you want exactaly, they plans start from $8 for a basic one, up to $12 for the better ones. I personally have the $12 option due to it having the high definition which on a 70" television is needed or it looks quite horrible!

Netflix offers a large range of television programmes, movies, documentaries etc. All of these can be watched as many times as you want, of course as long as you have paid the subscription for that month. It is quite a good investment for those who wish to watch a lot of TV on the "cheap" as you don't have to buy each season or movie on DVD. Obviously the more programmes/ movies you watch the better the money spent, well that's how I justify it anyway.

This website may help in allowing you to make your choice;

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/catalogue/year/all/1997

It is a full catalogue of everything on netflix UK at the moment.

I would reccomend attaining the one with the HD package as it makes viewing a breeze and it's really is money well spent!
TheAustralianComrade

Postby Gmemg » 05 May 2017, 20:16

thanks for that information - i don't know the exchange rate but it doesn't seem that expensive.

Modern UK TV is pretty useless - when this place didn;t have a roof and thus an aerial i stopped paying the licence fee - at that time i could still use the I player and it was really then that i realised that i really only watched a few programmes each week -

The Antiques Roadshow - now so "dumbed Down" as to be childish with egotistical "experts" who seem to be briefed by others - their clients the pretentious Middle Classes i so detest who are ONLY interested in promoting some very dubious ""Family History" or showing off what they bought for nothing and expect to be worth MILLIONS

Homes Under the Hammer - that became increasingly tedious with idiots buying houses with BORROWED money and then making the subsequent problems look easy to fix (there's a REASON houses go to Auction !)

Bargain Hunt & it's Kin - again the very programmes which have destroyed the Antiques trade - whenever they buy a Gramophone they LOSE MONEY - and since they got rid of Tim Wonnacot it wasn't the same W Bro Serral was annoying as a Midlands Auctioneer but as a "TV Personality " (he hasn't one) he was even more annoying !

I DID enjoy Fleabag despite the swearing & Vulgarity which, in the end were really integral to the story - and Taboo which was a lot of Tosh but vaguely engaging but that's IT

After the roof went on & we moved in my Mistresses wanted SKY and so i agreed if they pay but in the end we cancelled it after the subscription ended as that was more or less repeats apart from the Odd live Opera and we didn't bother with Sports

So that's why i thought i'd give Netflix a go - they can'r be any worse and it's not terribly expensive
What others say of me :

Gmemg

Return to The Book/Film/ TV Club