"If you see God Tell Him " Weird 1980s Comedy

For discussions of any Books/ Film & TV programmes related to the subject or not

"If you see God Tell Him " Weird 1980s Comedy

Postby Gmemg » 10 Aug 2017, 21:39

I had a very agreeable lunch to - day in North Oxford with some friends and during conversation we recalled a very odd "comedy" which was shown in the 1980's and NEVER repeated, it concerned a man who was hit on the head , suffered brain damage (with me so far ?) and thus had a limited attention span and thus believed TV adverts to be true, it was described as "black Comedy" - the show was disliked by most of the people who saw it and was thought in VERY bad taste - it starred richard Briers and despite considerable thought none of us could recall the title

Alas due to the modern computer when we retired to "the Preceptory" we found out it was called

"if you see God Tell Him"

We watched a lot of the first episode and to say it was grotesque would be an understatement - the man was hit by a Wheelbarrow full of bricks then he & his wife went on Holiday where she was stoned to Death by Football Hooligans ...............Black comedy doesn't describe it - it did have one funny moment and should you watch it it's the bit involving share dealing but that ends with a Bloke hanging himself !

All VERY ODD INDEED

but it might be worth some of you watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u6M5-IE_eE&t=1824s
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Return to The Book/Film/ TV Club