"Toast Of London" Series 2 - "The Masons"

For discussions of any Books/ Film & TV programmes related to the subject or not

"Toast Of London" Series 2 - "The Masons"

Postby Gmemg » 26 Nov 2014, 11:20

I have written about "toast of London" before, i enjoyed most of the 1st series but felt the writing rather uneven - some of the episodes were just terrible whilst some were to say the least bizarre and at best Genius !

When i was told of the 2nd series i thought i'd watch it - episode 1 was poor , but episode 2 was better and episode 3 "the moose Trap" was hilarious , taking as it did a huge swipe at "the Mouse Trap" the actors on stage looked like CLPGS members in a Meeting - covered in dust & Cobwebs !

Episode 4 "High winds Actor" (High Plains Drifter - Geddit ?) was the funniest so far in that it made fun of the fact - and it is a fact that a lot of Actors are Freemasons ! and why not indeed, acting, dressing up and fooling about with odd props is what most Freemasons do so why not Actors ! Whenever two of those "on the Square" met they made odd facial expressions and tugged at their trousers ! (Precisely what CLPGS Members do but for slightly different reasons.............)

It seemed as if everyone Toast knew was "on the Square" even a bloke doing a "james Mason" impersonation and despite his assertion he had joined he then had to be initiated ! there followed a bizarre - well not that bizarre parody of an initiation ceremony and had to meet an "Eastender" , this meant going to "the East end" and paying £27.50 (it's actually £27 10/-) "to Basil Jet "(Bazelgette ) the east end seemed unchanged from the 1880's - apparently they "have a bit of a Booze up" then you "get a goody - Bag" and Hey Presto ! Your a Freemason (That's More or less True as well, so I'm told !)

Later Toast goes to a club where, apart from Ray "Bloody" Purchase , his brother is there when asked why Toast Snr says :

"Oh we know each other "

Whilst everyone winks in an odd manner and startes tugging at their trousers whilst whispering "masons.........Masons" ........It's so accurate ! (apparently) Toast then visits a Director amidst an ......Err.........Orgy ! as Toast Says :

"This Freemason's Lark is the Bee's Knees" (it sure is )

He then heads for a Kebab shop (In Clerkenwell ? - Ed) where taped to a door is written a sign

"The Masons"

he goes in and there's the "lodge" with all sorts of odd characters including "clem Fandango" and even a character with odd sidewhiskers who looks very much like a West Country CLPGS Twit - a good friend of the "leading dealer" ! (Could it be he ? - Ed)

They then uncover a tray with assorted items and after an interval cover it again - and like the "Generation Game" Toast has to remember what was on it ! they then put up a screen saying they can't broadcast the next bit but when they return a Goat has been slaughtered !

they then sing :

"being on The Square is a Clandestine affair, be silent or beware "

whilst the West Country Twit "Jives " in an odd manner !

all most odd but most amusing - i don't think it's like that in American Lodges - there they practice "Egyptioan Rite" it seems and wear a Fez and drape Cleopatra over their knees ! - i do have photographic proof Estott (We have a copy at the Preceptory for my 11 "Confreres " To laugh at whilst we sit on Gold Thrones (made by Toye ) in Judgement on "lesser Ranks" whilst wearing white robes !

Well Worth watching this - especially for it's apparently accurate depiction of Freemasonry ! (So i'm told)

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/toas ... /59004-005
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Return to The Book/Film/ TV Club