The Two Ronnies "The Short fat Minstrel Show"

For discussions of any Books/ Film & TV programmes related to the subject or not

The Two Ronnies "The Short fat Minstrel Show"

Postby Gmemg » 29 Mar 2015, 11:32

The Two Ronnies were well known for parodying contemporary TV, Film and song and at that time (the late 60s and Early 70s) very few programmes were as popular as the "Black & White Minstrel Show" which featured songs mostly written by Stephen Foster - it may seen improper now and totally unacceptable but then it was just accepted and part of National Life - so the Two Ronnies created a sketch about t and very good it is too, using the original Stephen Foster tunes but with typical Two Ronnies lyrics

It has to be said that The Two Ronnies made a lot of fun of others but when Not the Nine O Clock News made fun of them they WEREN'T amused at all !

Here's the Sketch

https://youtu.be/nXWjQvUy2AM
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Re: The Two Ronnies "The Short fat Minstrel Show"

Postby rgodridge » 29 Mar 2015, 16:09

That was very funny!
I have a tape of ronnie barker on his own doing songs and sketches, and on there is a very funny one where he rips great war songs to shreds in a very old sounding voice, the tape chewed up and I've never found it again but I'm going to have to search for it now.

The two ninnies from not the 9 o'clock news, remember seeing that ages ago on youtube but didn't know they were offended by it!
rgodridge

Re: The Two Ronnies "The Short fat Minstrel Show"

Postby Gmemg » 29 Mar 2015, 20:25

They were very offended and made their feelings very well known ! but then as you saw they did have fun with others so they should have expected it really.
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Return to The Book/Film/ TV Club