"Full Throttle" Sir henry "Tim " Birkin

For discussions of any Books/ Film & TV programmes related to the subject or not

"Full Throttle" Sir henry "Tim " Birkin

Postby Gmemg » 09 Sep 2016, 16:13

Soon after "memento Mori" comes another Gem of a Play - it was part of a series on , i think BBC 2 Called "Heroes & Villains" it features Colonel Wintle and Hester Stanhope - i don;t recall the other episodes as i think they were only shown a couple of times BUT now they can be found on U - Tube which is a Joy

Sir Henry is Played by Rowan Atkinson - someone who knows how to drive a fast car !

Many years ago a friend of mine arranged for us to go and Visit Frank Lockhart at Aston Clinton - Frank had inherited his Brother's Racing Bentley and Frank took me out :

"For a Spin"

We raced sown the then almost empty Bypass at well over 100 Miles per hour ! it was frightening and Exhilarating at the same time - few things are as enjoyable as speed and in recent times i've done more or less the same thing on the Oxford Ringroad in my Mistresses Sports Car !

Do watch this - it's most enjoyable

https://youtu.be/5xi7fs3v4I8
What others say of me :

Estott : "An Ancient Half - Mad Uncle "

My U - Tube Channel is : http://www.youtube.com/user/EMGColonel

Corruption in the CLPGS :
The Seven Social Sins are:
Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character .Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle.

Money. Greed. Naivety. Falsehoods. Exploitation. Welcome to the wonderful world of gramophones!

"He has as much comedic talent as the Straight man on a Linguaphone record "
Si vis pacem, para bellum Der Morgige Tag Ist Mein
Gmemg
Site Admin & Head of School

Re: "Full Throttle" Sir henry "Tim " Birkin

Postby gerryb » 10 Sep 2016, 19:04

I enjoyed that and thought i had seen all of Rowans programmes but this was new to me
gerryb

Re: "Full Throttle" Sir henry "Tim " Birkin

Postby donjohnson24 » 11 Sep 2016, 18:41

Gmemg wrote:Sir Henry is Played by Rowan Atkinson - someone who knows how to drive a fast car !

Strange that you should mention Rowan in this post as I was talking to one of our villagers about his having an exhibit in our 'Made in Chedzoy' exhibition next weekend. Apparently he was involved in making a couple of new engine blocks for old Aston Martins some years ago, and now is part of a thriving business making more for modern enthusiasts - including the aforesaid Rowan, who was pictured in one of the albums of photographs that will be on display along with one of his blocks!
donjohnson24

Return to The Book/Film/ TV Club